Sunday 1 February 2009

Found a new toy to play with ... Twitter!!

Was chuffed to see Jonathan Ross "Wossy" back on the telly, really big of him to apologise for his remarks on the radio.

Laughed my ass off when Wossy and Stephen Fry were saying the " Glad to be here and get you off the naughty step " Class comment that...

Then they mentioned Twitter... Now, I know I spend a lot of time on the net, and a LOT of that time just doing daft stuff ( Watching online feeds, searching ebay, Blogging and forums )

This Social Networking is wide and varied, so I had a look into Twitter, "MicroBlogging" I mean, COME ON!!!

Is it a good idea or not??? I have doubts, even after the wee demo video, "What are you doing??"

Still, ever the sceptic, I look further, and yes, it is WEIRD!! No other word for it, folks posting up their on the spot thoughts, ideas for what they are away to do and other comments.

So am like, ok, lets try this out then.

The Twitter home page is good, BUT, to use twitter properly, you need to add folks to follow, THEN you get to see their comments, on your home page. But it doesn't end their, folks can also happen upon your posts and reply using @UserName, and you can search for this as well.

Now if yer stuck at a PC at home, this is ok but not very convenient, hence you can also do this "On the fly" with Mobiles and I-Phones / I-Pod Touch's.

Only 12 hours into this so far, (excluding my sleep time) and am wondering who to follow, Celeb's are a fun bunch to follow, Mr S Fry and Mr J Ross being my first choices for the obvious reasons.
A lot of folks are "pretending" to be other Celeb's... what do you expect, its the internet after all.

Once you find folks to follow, its a simple case of watching what they type, and if you feel the need to, Reply to them!!

Thats it, MicroBlogging.

There are many applications out there to make the following of "Tweets" (as am typing this, one of the Apps has informed me the Mr S Fry has posted to Twitter via the Web.) as easy as recieving an "Instant Message".

For me, Twhirl is a good one, small pop up window, allows the posting of pics along side as well, makes URL's smaller to save on type space. V Handy!!!

Online is a site called Tweetree, which "Groups" the convo's to make it easier to read, again, V Handy!!

Well back to Tweetree, see if I can find others worthy of following.

Peace.

No comments: